Tools and downloads
- Trading in the zone - [PDF] - Great book for trading beginners
- So far the most suitable book for bitcoin traders [PDF]
- TradingView BTC Chart for Ubuntu desktop - [GitHub] - Code
- Bitcoin Qt - [BitcoinTalk] - Opensource Bitcoin trading platform for Win/Mac/Linux
Books for quants or soon-to-be quants
The following links should get you PDFs of books that deal with quantitative financial analysis in general, they are not specific to Bitcoin. The tips are gathered over time from quant forums and such, and are a good read.
“Options, Futures, and other Derivatives” by John Hull is a book that goes over basic models without delving too deeply into theoretical stuff, good for practitioners.
“Monte Carlo Methods in Financial Engineering” by Paul Glasserman is a very practical book that explains subtleties of Monte Carlo simulation and statistical sampling.
Nassim Taleb’s “Dynamic Hedging” is a book about actually managing portfolios.
“Numerical Methods in Finance & Economics” by Paolo Brandimarte deals with making numerical models in MATLAB.
If you cannot reach the files let us know, we’ll see if we’re able to get them from elsewhere. It already happened once.
For trading beginners
One of the soundest books about trading I’ve seen - “Trading in the zone” by Mark Douglas.
The hard, cold reality of trading is that every trade has an uncertain outcome. Unless you learn to completely accept the possibility of an uncertain outcome, you will try either consciously or unconsciously to avoid any possibility you define as painful. In the process, you will subject yourself to any number of self-generated, costly errors.
As long as you are susceptible to the lands of errors that are the result of rationalizing, justifying, hesitating, hoping, and jumping the gun, you will not be able to trust yourself. If you can’t trust yourself to be objective and to always act in your own best interests, achieving consistent results will be next to impossible.
Especially well suited book for bitcoin trading
“Trading Chaos” by Bill Williams
The very good thing about this book is it contains a lot about psychology. Bitcoin markets give a whole different meaning to market irrationality and overreaction, even if you just hodl you should be prepared.
TradingView BTC Chart for Ubuntu desktop
Download on Github via altcointrading:
It is code snippet written in Python gets you the full technical analysis chart for BTCUSD on Finex. You will be able to change the chart type if you prefer simple line.
Next to the chart you will get a table with some major altcoins that are traded now, their BTC price and change percentage.
If you are not a TA guy you can use different chart than TradingView as they are most advanced. The code in
widget.py simply embeds the
For instance gobitcoin.io has much simpler charts.
Free Bitcoin trading platform introduced in 2013 via BitcoinTalk forum.
Links to download over there.
CoinMama - Bitcoin and ETH with credit/debit card
Everyone's favorite bucketshop
Everyone's second favorite bucketshop
Forever The Fastest Way to Buy Bitcoin 24/7
Zero-Fee Bitcoin Trading in Japan
Hardware Wallets for Bitcoin and Altcoins
Bitcoin & Altcoin Trading Charts
- Tools and Downloads
- All ”Dummy Numbers” Posts
- Promotions and Coupons
- All about Bitcoin lending
- All about Bitcoin VCC's
- Buying Bitcoin with Skrill
- Bitcoin Cold Storage 2016
- Bitfinex Referral Code 5egV78YtlC
- Coinmama Referral Code fny3000
Good to Read
- Finance & Technology: VPRO Backlight on Youtube (full documentaries)
- Macro & Bigger Picture: Stratechery
- Wall Street Technologist
- Austerity Sucks
- For Coders: Crypto Trading Tools
- Bitcoin Markets Wiki
- Baby Pips Forex and Charting School
- Technical Analysis for Dummies [PDF]
- StockCharts Chart School
Basics to Start Bitcoin Trading
- What is AML/KYC
- How high are fair flat fees
- What are Maker-Taker fees
- How to get trading charts
- How to trade on mobile
- Best practice
About This Site
There is a rumor around the web that Bitcoin has no real value other than for speculations.
Sherlock Holmes: ”Has all my instruction been for naught? You still read the official statement and believe it.”
- Top up a debit card with Bitcoin
- There is webhosting for Bitcoin geeks
- Topup prepaid phones with Bitcoin
- Use ad networks like Bitclix or A-Ads
- Chat with RoyalTiffany (had to be here)
Subscribe to our RSS feed and get new posts to your mailbox: