Bitcoin traders - Most known communities
Web / Tradingview
- The image: None - probably for the best.
- The reality: The go to place when you cannot sleep. Bromances over PM please. Good charts, mostly good people, mostly bad TA, emotions occasional but turbulent.
- Good to read: lowstrife, chessnut, spacetrader, Fontas
- Link: tradingview.com chatroom ‘Cryptocurrencies’. Room archive here.
Web or apps / Reddit
- The image: It’s like 4chan found a Bloomberg terminal wait no that’s actually /r/wallstreetbets sorry
- The reality: Sound information in the daily discussion, healthy skepticism, mods distinguish between community bonding offtopic posts and fluff offtopic posts. No memes, no bots. FUD occasional but strong. Bonus: If you mention an exchange name two or three times in a comment someone from support will come over as they all have a mention monitoring API.
- Good to read: Polycephal_Lee, YRuafraid, OracleSeven, chewtoy, jeanduluoz, yolotrades, Merlin560
- Link: /r/bitcoinmarkets
Telegram / Whaleclub
- The image: Crypto heavy but we trade the pulse of whatever is moving (BTC, Forex, Oil, SPX500, Equities)
- The reality: Bunch of guys riding the ego trip.
- Good to read: Theo Goodman, BTCVIX, MrJozza
- Link: https://telegram.me/joinchat/BpTIDjwx_ayUl5zN84uQBw
List of these and all other communities
It’s mostly bitcoin communities but you’ll find altcoiners too, most notably a monero group. Most of the communities are on telegram.
The largest crypto trader groups:
- Whaleclub - 2,453 members, focuses on bitcoin and legacy markets http://tg.whaleclub.io/
- The Coinfarm - 1,316 members, trading mostly on Poloniex and Bittrex altcoin markets https://telegram.me/thecoinfarm
Bonus: The first rule of /r/wallstreetbets is you don’t talk about bitcoin.